At Southfields Solicitors we offer excellent legal advice and assistance on both civil and criminal matters at competitive rates. Here you can find a comprehensive list of our charges for each area of law that we work on.
We offer fixed costs on residential conveyancing:
- For freehold properties up to the value of £1 million we charge a fixed fee of £695 plus VAT. For properties above this amount, the fee will include an additional 10% surcharge. This price is the same for either the sale or the purchase of the property.
- For leasehold properties we charge a fixed fee of £795 plus VAT. Conditions are the same as above
- Matters involving unregistered land are more complex and as such additional charges will be incurred pending our assessment of the matter.
- Due to the variable nature of commercial properties, a fixed fee is not possible. A quote will be provided once all the facts are known after an initial, free consultation.
- The above quotes cover legal services carried out by ourselves. Additional disbursements, such as fees for searches, are not included.
Litigation – Civil
- Unbundled services allow us to offer you legal advice and assistance while you carry out the majority of the work yourself. This can help to save legal costs and is mostly useful in smaller legal matters like Small Claims and Fast Track cases. We charge a fixed fee of £95+ VAT per half hour of advice or assistance in these matters.
- Other litigation matters: It is not possible to offer fixed fees for any intended litigation. In these matters we offer time-based charge rates which will vary dependent on which fee-earner is most appropriate at each stage of litigation. Charge rates vary from £110 to £295 depending on the experience and qualifications of your fee-earner. You will be continually updated on your account balance throughout your matter. Clients are also able to set a budget for each stage of litigation and select the fee earners they feel are most appropriate.
- The above includes Litigation, Personal Injury, Claims Litigation, Family Law and Debt cases.
Litigation – Criminal
- Magistrates Court: We do not have a legal aid franchise and will advise and assist in criminal cases on a private client basis only. Our senior partner worked in CPS for 24 years and as a duty solicitor for over 20 years and has over 40 years of experience in small and large cases, including murder, fraud and money laundering. For cases in the Crown Court or Court of Appeal, charge rates will be offered during the initial free consultation. These will vary from £110-£250 per hour.
- We charge an hourly rate for each service. This will vary between £110 per hour and £250 per hour depending on the experience and qualifications of your fee earners. Fixed prices may be available on initial consultation.
Wills and Probate
- Our fees for these are case specific, charge rates and fixed fees are provided after an initial discussion. We charge a fixed fee for simple wills at £110 + VAT per will. However, if the client has assets with a combined value which is higher than the Inheritance Tax Threshold, additional charges for tax advice will also be chargeable. These quotes can only be given once the facts and complexities of the matter are known at the first consultation.
Other Areas of Law
We also work in the following areas:
- Landlord and tenant
- Family Law
These are case specific and charge rates and fixed rates are provided at the first attendance
Finally if you wish to seek further clarification of the above costs guidance please fee free to contact us on our email address : email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org