If you would like to open a business in the UK or be a self-employed person, you will need to obtain a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa.
In order to obtain a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa you will need to score 95 points. You will be awarded:
- 25 points if you have access to not less than £200,000 or have access to not less than £50,000 in some cases, e.g. the funds are provided by one of the registered venture capital firms regulated by the Financial Services Authority
- 25 points if the above funds are held in 1 or more regulated financial institutions
- 25 points if the above funds are disposable in the UK
- 10points for the sufficient level of English. You will have to demonstrate that your level of English is B1 or above of Council of Europe’s Common European Framework for Language Learning unless you are exempted
- 10 points for the required maintenance funds. The funds required depend on whether an applicant applies from inside the UK or outside.
If you would like to obtain professional advice regarding the Entrepreneur visa we would be happy to assist you. Our experienced immigration lawyers will be able to assess your case and prepare your application.
Please contact us on 020 8877 3421 to speak to one of our immigration lawyers.