Indefinite Leave To Remain

If you have been in the UK for a prolonged time you might be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain which is known as a permanent UK residency. The duration of staying in the UK before you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain depends on your current immigration status.
You may be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after 5 years being in one of the following categories:

  • you are married to a British citizen or a settled person;
  • you have a work permit in the UK (excluding Post-Study Work Visa);
  • you have an investor or entrepreneur visa;
  • you have been granted asylum;
  • you have UK ancestry visa;
  • you are an EU citizen exercising EC Treaty rights (permanent residence)

If you have an Investor visa you may be able to obtain Indefinite Leave to Remain earlier depending on the level of your investment.
If you have been legally in the UK for 10 years you may be able to apply for Indefinite Leave on the ground of long residency.
There are many requirements which the applicant needs to meet depending on which grounds he/she is applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain and those vary depending on each case.
If you would like to get immigration advice from one of our experienced lawyers as to you eligibility for Indefinite Leave to Remain, please contact us on 020 8877 3421 and we will be happy to assist you.

Sorry, you can not to browse this website.

Because you are using an outdated version of MS Internet Explorer. For a better experience using websites, please upgrade to a modern web browser.

Mozilla Firefox Microsoft Internet Explorer Apple Safari Google Chrome