Spouse Visa

If you are a non-EU citizen and are going to marry or have already married to a British Citizen or settled person (with some exception) you might be able to apply for a spouse visa. The changes to the Immigration Rules which were implemented in July 2012 have significantly changed the requirements for obtaining a spouse visa. The changes made stricter the financial requirements and change the duration of time a spouse should spend in the UK before applying for indefinite leave to remain.

The requirements for obtaining a spouse visa include but are not limited to:

  • You and your partner must be over 18 years old
  • You and Your sponsor intend to live together permanently
  • You have to have sufficient English Language Level
  • Your Sponsor’s salary should be earning £18,600 or above (though savings and applicant’s salary can be taken into account of the sponsor’s salary is not sufficient). If the applicant is bringing children then a higher financial threshold should be passed. Furthermore, the applicant should prove a sole responsibility.
  • The accommodation should be adequate and not overcrowded

We will be happy to assist you with preparing your application and advise you as to which documents you will need to provide. We will also be able to advise you as to the merits of your case. Please contact us on 020 8877 3421 or by email.

Sorry, you can not to browse this website.

Because you are using an outdated version of MS Internet Explorer. For a better experience using websites, please upgrade to a modern web browser.

Mozilla Firefox Microsoft Internet Explorer Apple Safari Google Chrome