Student Visa

If you are a visa national and would like to come to the UK to study you will need to obtain a student visa prior to your arrival.

There are several types of student visas:

  • Student visitor and Child visitor – for those who want to study for a short period of time, usually up to 6 months or 11 months for an English course
  • Tier 4 (General) and Tier 4 (Child) – for those who intend to come to the UK to study for a prolonged period of time
  • Prospective student

The most common type of visa is Tier 4 and in order to obtain this visa you will need to score 40 points.

  • 30 points are awarded for having a valid Confirmation of Acceptance Certificate (CAS) from a registered Tier 4 sponsor (your education establishment)
  • 10 points are awarded for the financial requirements which depend on the duration of your course.
  • You will also need to demonstrate that you have sufficient knowledge of English which depends on the course you are going to take.

    While studying in the UK you might be able to work part-time up to 20 hours if you are doing a degree course or above or up to 10 hours if you are on a course below the degree level at a higher education institution or on a course at any level at a publicly funded further education college. In all other cases you are not allowed to work.

    You might be able to bring your immediate family depending on the course you are doing.

    We have experienced Immigration Lawyers who are able to advise on all the relevant issues regarding Student visas.
    If you have any queries regarding Student Visa please contact us on 020 8877 3421 or by email.

    Sorry, you can not to browse this website.

    Because you are using an outdated version of MS Internet Explorer. For a better experience using websites, please upgrade to a modern web browser.

    Mozilla Firefox Microsoft Internet Explorer Apple Safari Google Chrome